Check out these spring cleaning tips that will also
save you hundreds of dollars per year!
- Vacuum refrigerator coils: Dust that builds up on refrigerator coils can cause the motor to work harder, using more energy.
- Clean oven and range: A range or oven darkened from heavy use absorbs more heat, reducing its efficiency.
- Clean or replace HVAC filters: A dirty filter will slow air flow and cause your system to use more energy.
- Replace smoke and carbon monoxide detector batteries: Replace batteries in all detectors at least once a year.
- Move flammables: Clear away flammable materials and liquids from gas furnaces and other heat sources.
- Clean out dryer ducts: Blocked dryer ducts make your machine work harder than necessary.
- Call 811: Locate underground utility lines before digging any holes in the yard.
- Have solar panels cleaned: Having panels cleaned once a year can help maintain their output potential.
More info: Pacific Gas & Electric Tips